Vacation Rental Insurance

Protect Your Vacation Rental Business

All-inclusive insurance that replaces your homeowner’s policy. Custom-penned for the unique risks of vacation rental and/or short-term rental properties.

  • Commercial Package Policy: coverage for building(s), contents, liability, and income
  • Buildings(s): special cause of loss with replacement cost valuation
  • Contents: special cause of loss with replacement cost valuation
  • Liability: $1,000,000/$2,000,000 in commercial general liability
  • Income: actual loss sustained business income coverage with no time limit
  • Liability coverage continued to amenities: swinnimg pools, hot tubs, watercraft, bicycles, docks, rec areas, and much more
  • Enhancement coverage: theft, damage to your rental caused by a guest, animal/pet liability and more
  • No standard occupancy restrictions; designed for short-term rentals
  • Underwritten by Lloyds of London, AM Best’s A

Designed to Fully Replace the Current Coverage on the Property

“Homeowner’s insurance does not cover vacation rental business activities.”

“What if a guest was injured while staying at your rental property and claimed you liable?”

“What if a guest accidentally damaged, or worse destroyed your rental property as a result of a fire?”

Vacation Rental Insurance | FAQ’s

What is considered short-term renting? In the insurance world, a property that is rented for less than 30 days at a time is typically considered short-term. A property in which the renter does not reside/live at the dwelling.

Why Does my homeowner’s policy not cover my short-term rental? All homeowner’s policies carry a “business activity exclusion”. In other words, any claim involving a “business activity” could rightfully be denied.

Is my short-term rental really a business? Yes. More and more cities like Austin, Santa Barbara, and Chicago are now requiring short-term rental owners to carry and pay for a business license.

How do I get covered for business activity? You buy a business insurance policy. The Vacation Rental Property Insurance policy is a business policy. It covers your business property (rental home/contents), business liability, and the business income it generates.

If I insure my short-term rental as a business can I also stay there? Yes. There are no standard occupancy restrictions on a business policy. This means the property is insured while you stay there, friends or family, and of course paying guests.

My short-term rental is also my primary residence, can I still purchase the Vacation Rental Policy? Yes. If the short-term rental home is also your primary residence, the policy simply adds $1,000,000 in personal liability and $50,000 in loss of use to relocate in the event the property is being rebuilt. This is very important if you do not carry a homeowner’s policy elsewhere.

What if I also live at the short-term rental, can I still purchase a policy? Yes. You have the same business exposure. We see every scenario imaginable. You live upstairs and short-term rent the downstairs. You live in the main home and rent out the guest house, etc.

If I have a Vacation Rental Policy do I keep my homeowner’s or landlord policy in place?
No. The policy is designed to fully replace the current coverage you have. You would cancel your current policy.

Start a Vacation Rental Policy Today!

Let us save you time! Key Insurance makes it even easier to quote and buy insurance. Call or fill out our easy contact form and get your quote today. 406-222-0944